Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Will A Scent Make You Choose A Hotel?

Will A Scent Make You Choose A Hotel?
Scent strips in magazines are nothing new but a scent strip for a hotel? I was reading my New Yorker this morning when I came across the Westin White Tea scent ad. The ads only say "White tea. The calming new scent of Westin." Curious, I opened the strip. In comparison to other scents that come billowing out of those tiny flaps of paper, this one is mild, more like laundry detergent than white tea. According to Brandweek, the ads will pop up in The New Yorker, Wired, Vanity Fair, Real Simple and Gourmet. It's an interesting move away from ads that usually focus on what the hotel looks like rather than what it smells like but I'm not sure that the pallid white tea scent is memorable enough to haunt people into choosing a Westin hotel
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?